• About 50 million acres of uncultivated agricultural land will be created which are presently abundant (foothills of mountains, river banks, deserts and government & private lands). Regardless of ownership as far as if it is uncultivated land, will be transferred to district governments and then leased to working farmers as described in the mechanism as described below.
• Does not effect existing farmland approx. 50 million acres.
• District Government will have ownership of uncultivated land.
1. About 70 percent elimination of litigation.
2. Elimination of Feudalism (absentee landlordism).
3. Revenue collection of about 10 billion USD per year.
4. Tremendous increase in agricultural production and related industries.
5. 20 million people will get jobs.
• Agricultural scientists and experts will prepare a crop policy for each district regarding type of crops, seeds, fertilizer and pesticides. For this purpose soil lab report must be essential for each lot, to exactly determine appropriate crop type and fertilizers. They can also take data from comparable existing farm sites globally (similar latitude, climate, soil conditions).
• The provincial government will be responsible for providing irrigation and agricultural tool and machinery. For this purpose the Provincial Government will build storm systems to collect rain water in artificial lakes & ponds. Underground water table can be raised by building drywells and catching areas, and store the water in underground sand. So water can be used for drinking, drip irrigation and sprinkler systems.
• An agricultural inspector will be responsible to achieve the crop targets of the block (1,000 acres). There must be one inspector for each block.
• Farmers will pay annual dues to district/provincial/federal government.
50% to District Govt, 25% to Provincial Govt,
25% to Federal Govt
The amount of dues will be based on the classification of the agricultural land.
For example: Type A Land: 20,000 R.s./acre
Type B Land: 10,000 R.s./acre
Type C Land: 5,000 R.s./acre
In this way, the government will collect about 10 Billion U.S. Dollars every year from about 50 Million newly cultivated land.
• Prepare a list of all working farmers on a village level, tehsil level & district level (ages between 22 to 50 years)
• Ten acre lot leased to one working farmer, preferably from the same village, tehsil and district (NO sale, purchase, inheritance or gift).
• Incase of a shortage of working farmers in a district, farmers from a neighboring district may cultivate that district’s land.
• Incase of death, disability or retirement at the age of 65, the lot will be re-allotted preferably to the same family and/or village.
1.Mark the land into agricultural zones within each district
(district #, block #[1,000 acres] , lot #[10 acres]), all of which should be computerized in a way so each lot, block, and district can be visited and distinguished by on click on Google Earth. Prepare a digital map of Pakistan that shows:
• Cultivated land in Green color
• Uncultivated land in Yellow color
• Rest of Pakistan in Red color
• 50 million acre of uncultivated land
• Districts: 164
• Blocks: 0.5 million
• Lots: 5 million
• Working farmers: 20 million
Vision for Pakistan